Monday 24 October 2011

I love em all really

I don't want you to get the wrong impression...I really do love all four of my lads. Even though I sometimes have a good old moan.
Take D for instance, he rang after 11pm last weekend. The old fella and I were just at a crucial point in the weekly nuptials when the 'phone by the bed interrupted us mid thrust.
"Shit. Who the bloody hell..?"
I picked up, feeling none too pleased, but had to mellow when I heard a chirpy little voice say "Hey mum, how are you?"
"Fine son." (The old fella grunts next to me at this point. He's realised D and I could be in for a long conversation and he's not sure he can sustain his interest until we've done.) "It sounds a bit noisy there. Where are you?"
"Just in the Union bar. Can you post me my Pokemon cards?" Waves of laughter in the background.
"How are you?" But it's too late. He's gone.
I turn to tof and nudge him out of a snore. "Still OK to go?"
He grunts, fiddles under the bedclothes a bit. "OK, just give it a minute."
Oh the joys of getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment