Tuesday 25 October 2011

What is it with swimming baths and nudity?
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for naked bodies in the right context. Oh, and preferably if I know that person.
What I really object to is the huge nakedness that seems to follow you around changing rooms.
You're showering demurely, one piece bathing suit firmly in situ and minding your own business, when suddenly the person next to you peels off their cozzie and starts to scrub at parts that, quite frankly, should be kept under wraps at all times. Then to make matters worse, their friend stands at the other side of you and proceeds to carry out a conversation across you.
Last time this happened to me I was determined to stand my ground. Stoically ignoring the pair I showered and rinsed, swiftly stepping away from swinging bosoms at strategic points.
I almost came unstuck at one point when one lady dropped the soap. I could see from her face that it was only a matter of time before she bent to retrieve it, and so I decided I was clean enough. Time to make my retreat.
Just at that second she lunged forwards, at the same time as her pal, and I was caught in the middle.
Nowhere to turn to, just have to stay where I am shower, shower, showerrrr, brrr.
Eventually I got out and dressed. As I left the changing rooms the pair were still carrying on their little naked conversation, this time in the general area.
My last glance back showed a Blackpool seaside print of one large lady swiping a towel between her legs with a sawing motion.
Not a pretty sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment