Sunday 23 October 2011

Welcome back son. (How long did you say you were staying?)

I remember a Charlie Chan film I saw when I was a youngster, about a chinese detective with many sons, so many that he called them by numbers. It's a habit I fell into after our fourth son was born and we couldn't decide what to call him. He was number four for the six weeks before we registered him and I suppose it just kind of stuck.
Well number two son returned to the nest yesterday. And don't we know it!
Within two minutes of his arrival...with entourage of course, we were drafted in to give lifts, arrange food and generally wave goodbye to our quiet, settled existence.
Why has he returned? Another cash flow problem?
And just how long will he keep us in this state of nervous tension?
Well, at least until Hallowe'en is over. Seems he's going to be juggling fire-poi for the local kids. I just hope they have quick reflexes. Still, that's not as bad as his latest exploit...fire-breathing. 
I reckon that's a talent he discovered by accident. Probably when he last had a bottle of vodka in one hand and a spliff in the other.
Whoosh!
There you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment